*****Please note, these rules and guidelines were made to be complaint with our June 1 reopening. As guidelines, or regulations change with different Phases opening, we will update our rules accordingly.
You and your party agree to comply with this Code of Conduct while at Tunkwa Lake Resort.
PLEASE STAY AT HOME IF YOU ARE SICK
Please do not come to Tunkwa Lake Resort if you are exhibiting symptoms similar to a respiratory illness, including the flu or common cold. These symptoms include fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue and loss of appetite. If you develop these symptoms while at the resort, please contact Management immediately.
Check In & Check Out
- The cleaning and disinfecting procedures for each cabin are extremely time consuming and therefore, we require more time than usual to make sure that the cabin is safe for your arrival.
- Check In will be at 3pm – Guests will not be permitted to arrive before this time.
- Check Out will be at 10am – we request you depart the resort at this time.
- Each group in your cabin must be from one household unit or extended social circle(bubble). Households are defined as those people that live in one home and have maintained social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak. As government recommendations for social circles evolve this policy will follow suit.
Requirement to Maintain Social Distancing from Other Household Groups
- Households groups must maintain 2-metre (6 feet) social distancing from other Household groups. No gatherings of more than 6 people at a unit are allowed at any time. Quiet time is 10pm, no exceptions.
- No visitors on the resort property or at your rented cabin, without prior approval in writing from the Resort Manager. There will be no access for tents or units that are not self-contained, whether visitors or campers.
Returning from Outings
- If you leave the property for any reason, everyone in the group must wash their hands with warm water and soap (or disinfectant) for at least 20 seconds. Please consider washing your grocery and beverage packaging followed by 20 seconds of handwashing.
- Due to the need to sanitize all cookware, utensils, etc. there will only be four sets of plates/utensils and a limited number of cookware items per cabin. If you have specific needs for cookware, we encourage you to bring your own.
- There will be set and specific hours that guests may use the dishwashing room. Only one guest will be permitted in the room at a time.
- You and your party must always maintain 2-metre (6 feet) separation from anyone else at the Resort, at all times.
Parental Supervision of Children
- Parents must ensure that their children maintain a 2-metre (6 feet) separation at all times from other children/people from other guests during your stay.
- Practice diligent hand hygiene at all times. Wash hands for at least 20 seconds in warm water and plain soap, or use a hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol content every time you enter or exit your unit. Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands and please practice cough etiquette (cough into your elbow or disposable tissue).
Restricted Access Areas
Changes to the following areas have been required;
- Washroom/Showerhouse Facilities
- In following the guidelines for the safe reopening of our facility, we will NOT have both of our shower houses open for use on a first come, first serve basis as we have in the past. Instead you will be requested to schedule a specific 20 minute time slot between 9am and 2:40pm and you will have exclusive use of the shower house. The showerhouse will be disinfected after every guest use. This is for the safety of you and all the people at the resort. All guests staying in a rustic cabin will have a locked, dedicated outhouse for their exclusive use. Please use the hand sanitizer located there, before entering and when exiting the outhouse.
- Store and Office
- Only one customer in the store at a time. Please comply with social distancing guidelines while waiting to enter the store. Reduced hours of operation are posted at the store.
- Limited access to docks. Social Distancing requirements must be maintained while on the docks.
- PlayGround is open but Horseshoe Pits are closed
- These areas are closed.
- Common Use Freezer
- This freezer is not available for use.
Be Kind and Supportive
- Be kind and supportive – Remember we are all in this together!
- If you come across someone not maintaining the 2-metre (6 feet) social distancing requirement, please remember that they may be in one Household group.
- If someone infringes on your 2-metre (6 feet) distance, kindly remind them of the 2-metre (6 feet) rule.
- Please de-escalate any confrontational situations and if needed report the situation to the office or staff on duty, the buzzer/intercom is available during off hours.
The Requirement to Adhere to this Code of Conduct
- We are all in this together and it is expected that everyone will comply with these requirements for their own safety as well as the safety of others.
- A verbal warning will be given first, followed by a written warning on the second, followed by a request to leave on a third. If the nature of any violation is of a severe nature, Tunkwa Lake reserves the right to request that the offending party leaves immediately.
This Code of Conduct has been provided for your own safety, and the safety of our Tunkwa Lake Family. This is to ensure that all Tunkwa Lake Guests are informed and will conduct their behaviour based on these guidelines while at the resort.
Please sign the attached acknowledgment form below before your first visit to the resort. Download, print and sign this form, Assumption of Risk and WAIVER and Release of Claims, click here.
NOTICE TO USERS OF THE RESORT FACILITIES
Assumption of Risk and WAIVER and Release of Claims
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY – These conditions will affect your legal rights.
“Activities” shall mean, without limitation, all activities in any way associated with or related to water sports, recreational vehicle camping, hiking, fishing and any recreational activities offered by Tunkwa Lake Resort Ltd, including training and instruction, as well as but not limited to use of play structures, picnic areas, fields, sports fields, beaches, lakes, man-made lakes, swimming pools, parks, trails, walking paths, roads, grounds and parking lots.
“Property” shall mean, without limitation, any premises, lands, buildings, facilities, play structures, fields, sports fields, beaches, lakes, man-made lakes, swimming pools, parks, trails, walking paths, roads, grounds and parking lots and equipment owned or leased by Tunkwa Lake Resort Ltd.
“Resort User” shall mean all adults, children or wards in the registered parties group.
In consideration of Tunkwa Lake Resort Ltd. allowing the RESORT USER onto its Property to use and enjoy the Property and to participate in Activities, the RESORT USER agrees as follows:
1. The Resort User assumes and accepts, without limitation, all risks and dangers associated with the RESORT USER’S use and enjoyment of the Property and participation in any of the Activities.
2. The Resort User ASSUMES FULL RESPONSIBILITY for understanding and following the rules and safe practices associated with the use and enjoyment of the Property, participation in any of the Activities, and for his or her own personal safety.
3. The Resort User WAIVES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that he or she has or may have in the future against Tunkwa Lake Resort Ltd. and its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated entities and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, volunteers, contractors and assigns arising from or connected, directly or indirectly, with the RESORT USER’S presence at, or use and enjoyment of the Property, and the RESORT USER’S presence at, or participation in, any of the Activities.
4. The Resort user RELEASES Tunkwa Lake Resort Ltd. from any and all liability for any loss, damage, physical injury, illness or expense that he or she may suffer or incur by reason of his or her presence at, or use and enjoyment of, the Property, and presence at, or participation in, any of the Activities, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER ANY APPLICABLE OCCUPIERS’ LIABILITY LEGISLATION ON THE PART OF TUNKWA LAKE RESORT LTD., OR OTHER PARTICIPANTS, OR ANYONE ELSE.
By signing below, I acknowledge that I have reviewed, understand and agree to all parts of the Code of Conduct and that I have reviewed and understand the Assumption of Risk and WAIVER and Release of Claims.
Name (Print): ________________________________________